Monday, March 16, 2009

Le Lundi au Soleil

Here is a rather cheesy 70s French song that seems to describe my day quite completely. For you non-Francophiles out there, the title simply means "Monday in the Sun" (pour les Francophiles, il faut que vous me corrigiez si je suis trompée.)

I sat through my one class of the day and proceeded directly to the park to eat my lunch. I napped in the sun while the nearby boy strummed his guitar and the high school truants wrestled in the grass. Ahhh, this life of leisure is going to be hard to leave.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. I'm not sure they're truants, depending on the time of day, because high schools here have longer school days with a couple breaks. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun French park image. Hard to leave indeed... tks for linking the karaoké - funny nostalgia about Claude F., but also I found some more of the karaoké versions of French stuff to link for my students - merci!!

    ReplyDelete